Pit's Flourless chocolate celebration cake (Vegan)
When you want your chocolate fix without compromising your health, this is the cake for you. Easy to make and no baking required. Just throw everything in a food processor and blitz. This cake is gluten, dairy and refined-sugar free.
For the cake
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3 cups dates (pitted, soaked in warm water until soft)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp espresso coffee (optional)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
For the ganache
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp espresso coffee (optional)
- Place all the cake ingredients in a food processor and process until everything is combined. Transfer all ingredients into a plastic lined 16cm cake tin; press down firmly and evenly (with wet hands or a wet spatula). Place the cake in the freezer for at least 2 hours to let it set and chill.
- Place all ganache ingredients in a glass bowl over the hot water. Mix well with a fork until ganache is smooth.
- Remove cake from the freezer and pour the ganache over just before you are ready to serve. Use a spoon to spread it evenly and smoothly over the top.
- Serve with fresh berries. Can be served at room temperature, as it won’t melt unlike other raw cakes.
You can use the cake mixture to make chocolate truffles – just roll them into balls and shake cocoa powder over to finish.